Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?

Sunday 24 February 2013

Lower Blood Sugar Levels and good food


I think one of the worst things I have ever heard from my doctor was,"I think you should start giving yourself an insulin injection each night at bedtime". Six years prior to that I had been told that I was a diabetic. That wasn't too easy to absorb either, but the thought of giving myself an injection every night was devastating to me. I had always told people that there was no way I could stick a needle into my stomach or my leg, and now it became necessary to do just that. I wasn't afraid to get an injection, but the thought of doing it myself was hard to comprehend. The first three nights I talked my wife into doing it for me, but, she refused to help me after the third night. I had to do it myself!
In the years after that, my injections had larger doses of insulin. At some point in time, I asked my doctor how could I get off the injections and he advised me that I would have to change my diet and exercise more. Wow! I am a person that loves to eat, and I really wasn't that much over weight. The main factor here was the idea of the daily injections. It was at that time that my life changed and took a turn for the better.
I changed my style of eating and went on what most people would consider a chlorestrol diet. I had plenty to eat and to my surprise, I did not get hungry between meals. I suppose it was because I ate four times a day instead of three and the foods I ate seemed to satisfy my hunger desires. I slowed my alcohol consumption.
I absolutely hate to exercise, so I took an alternate route. Instead of parking near work, I parked at another business approximately a block away. When shopping, I would park at the far end of the parking lot instead of near the door. Instead of having the kids walk the dog, I decided to do it while they were doing their home work for school.. The results were amazing.
The first month, I found that I had lost ten pounds. When checking my blood sugar, it had dropped nearly twelve points on the average. This was encouraging! But the story doesn't stop here by any means. After six months, my cholestrol was normal with the good chlorestrol and the bad chlorestrol being balanced as it should be. My blood sugar count had dropped far enough that insulin was no longer needed and my diabetes was being controlled with pills. At this point in my life I feel good, look good, and have good blood pressure. I still take a pill for my diabetes, but I am working hard on getting rid of that crutch.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7331829